leftover roast chicken pieces, or 2-3 large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1/3 C. peanut butter
2 T. soy sauce
2 T. rice wine vinegar
2 chopped cloves of garlic
1 1/2 t. sesame oil
1/4 t. cayenne pepper
1/2 t. ground ginger
- Put peanut butter in crockpot. Turn to high, so that the peanut butter begins to soften.
- Add liquid ingredients; stir to mix.
- Add dry ingredients and garlic; stir to mix.
- Add chicken. Stir well to coat chicken shreds evenly.
- Cook 1.5 hours, stirring every 20 mins.
This is a very forgiving recipe. I almost always make it with more peanut butter and garlic than it calls for, and depending on the kind of peanut butter you choose to use the sesame oil can be omitted entirely to keep the dish from becoming too oily (add sesame seeds instead for flavor). Using wheat-free tamari for the soy sauce, this dish can be made entirely gluten-free.